Wednesday, June 2, 2021

One Down, One to Go

Yesterday, I received my first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.

My appointment at my neighborhood CVS was easily made online, and once I arrived it was quick and relatively painless. (Aside from some minor bruising, I'm fine.)

And? It cost me nothing.

My next appointment for the second dose is just under three weeks away.

At that point, will I toss aside my Spider-Man face mask with something approaching glee?

No. I will not.

I will keep wearing my mask until there is a public announcement that masks are no longer necessary. I am hopeful that such an announcement is coming soon.

In the meantime, I'll wear my mask, avoid crowds and generally behave myself.

I may not be enjoying life much right now--hard to be excited about sleeping on Mom's living room couch night after night--but I have no desire to tempt fate.

No comments: