Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Lining Up for Seconds

Last night on my way home from work, I stopped by my neighbrohood CVS and got me second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.

It was quick. It was painless. (Well, relatively painless--my arm is a bit achy today, but not to the point where I can't use it.)

And? It was necessary.

If we want to get back to so-called "real" life, we have to get vaccinated so we can be with one another without the prospect of spreading potentially deadly viruses amongst ourselves. Amongst our friends. Amongst our family.

If you've been resisting getting vaccinated up to this point, think of it this way: You're not doing it for yourself; you're doing it for those you care about--for those you love and wouldn't want to be without.

It's the least selfish thing you can do. So, please, do it.

No comments: