Thursday, January 6, 2022

Dear CTA

I'd like to thank you for making me wait 45 minutes in the near-zero cold last night at rush hour for a 49 Western Avenue bus. Plenty of 49B North Western buses rolled through the Brown Line station, as did a few 11 Lincoln Avenue buses. I even saw 7 or 8 Western Buses going north to the Berwyn terminal. But coming south? Nada.

I'd further like to thank you for making me wait nearly half an hour for a Purple Line train headed north this morning. The scedule posted at the Chicago Avenue Brown Line station says that four Purple Line trains should have rolled through by the time one came lumbering into the station by the time one finally turned the corner at the Merchandise Mart.

If I don't have frostbite, it's just dumb luck.

Now excuse me--I have some hot coffee waiting to be consumed.

No comments: