Friday, December 31, 2021

Out with the Old, in with the New

2021 is over and done. Finally.

It wasn't the worst year I've ever had, but it sure wasn't good, either.

I'm at the same job, doing the same thing day in and day out. I long for better, but am grateful to have what I've got.

My health is good. Not great, but better than just okay. Most days, I can get up and get going. And on the days I can't? I take it easy and am good to myself.

My friends remain safe and healthy for the most part as well.

My mother continues to reside in the nursing home and is likely to spend the rest of her days there. No, I haven't been able to see her yet--COVID protocols and such--and talking to her on the phone is a serious pain: It takes five minutes to get her on the phone--the nurses have to hook up a phone at her bed--and then she hangs up after talking for a minute, tops. (No. Seriously. She's done this multiple times to both me and my brother.)

I hooked up a Blu-ray player to Mom's living room TV, so at least I have some entertainment other than over-the-air broadcast networks. I've been slowly rebuilding my movie collection and look forward to adding more DVDs and Blu-ray discs in 2022.

And I'll have new glasses in 2022, replacing the ones I, um, misplaced a few weeks ago.

Goodbye, 2021. Don't let the New Year's baby hit you in the ass on the way out.

Hello, 2022. A pleasure to meet you.

No comments: