Thursday, December 9, 2021

Holidaze 12/9/21

If this ceramic deer looks familiar, it's because I posted an image of its sister a few days ago. This was the one I bought first, though--the expression on his face reminds me a lot of Bumpy.

Unfortunately, things have been VERY bumpy for this little deer: On the first day I had him at work, I accidentally knocked him off the desk and he hit the floor--hard. His hind left leg snapped off below the knee; his left antler broke away; and the top of his left ear was sheared off.

After I'd bought his sister as his replacement, though, I looked at Bumpy's broken pieces and decided to try to fix him. On the way home that night, I stopped off at Target and picked up some Krazy Glue.

Now? He looks pretty good. He's still missing a chip or two, but he's able to stand on his own four feet and keep an eye on the desktop while I'm gone.

No comments: