Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Five Years Ago Today

Five years ago today, I tried to kill myself.

I don't say this with any pride or bravado. Just stating a fact.

Some day, I'll tell the whole story--what was going through my mind at the time, how I did what I did, and the gradual recovery that led me to where I am today.

Not exactly where I want to be--personally or professionally--but the fact that I'm still here, still fighting the fight day in and day out, still typing these words on this blog, still slogging through each and every day in the hopes of better things to come, is, in and of itself, a good sign.

I'm still here. And plan to be for some time to come.

Many thanks to all the friends, near and far, who have suppported me, encouraged me and kept me in their thoughts and hearts all this time. It meant--and means--the world to me.