Sunday, April 25, 2021

Where I'll Be This Afternoon

In years past, I would see a movie on the big screen nearly every week--or, at least, every other week.

It helped a lot that I used to live within walking distance of three movie theaters: City North 14 (a megaplex on Western Avenue, which shows damn near every movie in wide release), the Logan (an older, smaller theater in, appropriately enough, Logan Square) and the Davis, the closest to La Casa del Terror and therefore the first choice when seeing anything at "the show."

But I don't live in La Casa del Terror anymore, and theaters (and pretty much every other business involving people gathering) have been closed for much of the past year.

So I haven't seen a movie in a theater for at least a year.

But that changes today.

I have bought tickets online (thank you, credit card!) for Godzilla vs. Kong showing at the Davis this afternoon.

I will buy popcorn. I will buy soda. And I will shop in the surrounding area after the show is over. (Hello, Laurie's Planet of Sound! Hey there, Quake! Yumm-o, Gene's Sausage Shop!)

Yes, I miss living in that neighborhood. Maybe I'll live there again someday.

But for now, I can visit via CTA--and I can go to the movies again.

No comments: