Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Holidaze 12/8/20



If you know the name William Dean Howells at all, it's likely from one of his novels like The Rise of Silas Lapham, which I'm pretty sure I had to read in college, though I have no recollection of its storyline or contents.

Christmas Every Day is more of an extended short story than a full-blown novel or even a novella, and its title pretty much tells the tale: It's the story of a child who wants it to be Christmas every day. Complications--if not outright hijinks--are sure to ensue.

This book won't take me long to read; it's only 48 pages long, and part of that count is taken up by an introduction by Richard Paul Evans, author of The Christmas Box, which was inspired by the slender volume I hold in my hand (metephorically speaking--I can't very well type with a book in my hand, now can I?).

It's yet another festive holiday find from Village Discount Outlet. (Why yes, I go there quite often--why do you ask?)

No comments: