Monday, July 6, 2020

This Week's Travel Reading



A couple of weekends ago, I made my first sojourn back into Village Discount Outlet since the beginning of the pandemic. 

While I didn't find much to buy (and, in fact, had very little funding to spend), I did come out with the novel pictured above: A Star Trek: The Next Generation story written by popular comic book writer Peter David (who has worked on Hulk, Spider-Man and--surprise!--Star Trek, among many others) featuring as its main "villains" (if such a term applies to these two) not only the enigmatic Q (played with such relish on the series by John deLancie), but the equally powerful (and troublesome) Trulane, played with scenery-gnawing glee by William Campbell on the original Star Trek series. 

Q meets ProtoQ? And both facing off against the estimable Jean-Luc Picard? Color me there.

No comments: