Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Every (Kitty) Picture Tells a Story 2/18/20

And now? "The Kitties of Mom's House, Part 1:

This is Moose. He's one of Mom's cats. And easily the largest of Mom's cats--he weights somewhere between 15 and 20 lbs. And none of that is fat.

He's an old fellow--note the gray/white hairs in his muzzle--but he hasn't slowed down with age. He still chases the other cats around the house, especially Lincoln, the youngest (and other male) cat.

He also stands outside Mom's bedroom door and yowls for her attention--usually he just wants to be fed, but sometimes he just wants someone to come out and play with him. I accommodate him as much as possible, but I'm not home much of the day, and Mom spends most of her time in the bedroom with her door closed.

Sometimes, because Mom moves so slowly these days, Moose makes a mad dash into her bedroom, usually late at night. This leads me to be treated to Mom yelling at him over and over ("Moose...MOOSE...MOOSE!") until I get up and shag him out of her bedroom myself. Then I try (try) to go back to sleep--if, in fact, I'd been asleep at all. (And considering that I'm still sleeping on Mom's living room couch...yeah, no.)

No comments: