Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Shocktober 10/9/18

Remember a few years back, when I wrote about Scary Godmother, Jill Thompson's wonderful series of children's books about a witch and her spooky fiends...er, friends who help out a little girl named Hannah and scare the muffins out of her bully cousin, Jimmy?

Remember also that when I moved out of La Casa del Terror two years ago, I did so in a hurry and had to leave most of my possessions behind, including nearly all of my hundreds of books? Sadly, that included my copy of Scary Godmother.

Well, this weekend, while visiting a comic book shop I'd never been in before in Lincoln Square, I ran into a copy of the complete Scary Godmother collection again.

Just in time for Shoctober reading, too!

Seriously, this book is a lot of fun, especially for those who love All Hallow's Eve like I do.

And while I've been out buying books (to replace much of what was lost), I've landed other volumes worthy of a Shocktober perusal. Look for entries on those stories later this week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
JB said...

I'm sold. I want to read this book. It sounds charming, especially for this time of year.