Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The Way Things Are (March '09 edition)

My electric bill has gone up.

My gas bill has gone up.

My cable bill has gone up.

My phone bills have both gone up.

The ride to and from work has gone up.

I live in the city with the highest sales tax in America.

And now? My salary has been cut by 5%, along with everyone else's at my company.

Yes, I know it can be worse. Much worse. Other companies are slashing salaries by much deeper margins, and a lot of my friends are completely unemployed right now.

Doesn't make it suck less.

Happy Wednesday.

2 comments:

JB said...

Management at my gig have hit us with all sorts of veiled threats and recriminations. "We're all lucky to have jobs." "There are lots of people in private industry who would love to have our (read: your) City jobs." It's shameful that managers are using the economy to instill fear and paranoia into staff. I do my job, and do it well.

belsum said...

Suck. I'm really sorry to hear that.