Thursday, December 15, 2011

These Angels Three

Angelique is not the only ancient angelic ornament on display this year at La Casa del Terror. In addition to her twin sister (on another shelf in the living room), there are these three little ladies that I found at a long-gone second-hand store in Wicker Park--the very same store, in fact, where I found the aluminum tree.

They all date back to the same era as Angelique (somewhere in the late 1940s or early 1950s) and are in pretty decent shape except for the one on the right, who apparently had a rough life before landing in my hands--she was intact, but had no face. Even though I possess virtually no artistic skills, I still managed to draw a passable, pleasant expression on her face and place her and her little friends in a well-lit corner of La Casa del Terror.

1 comment:

JB said...

These sweet girls are heavenly! And you did good work on Pretty In Pink's face.