Thursday, August 5, 2010

Great America: Raging Bull

By far, the longest wait of the day was for Raging Bull, the tall, fast, twisting metal coaster. Even that wait wasn't horrible--about 45 minutes, plus another 15 minutes due to waiting in the line to get into the first car of the train.

The line for that car is always longer no matter what coaster you're trying to ride, but it was slowed down considerably in this case by riders who used special passes to stay on the ride two times in a row. Several sets of riders did this; at one point, one of the ride supervisors looked over at those of us who didn't have special passes and threw up her hands in frustration.

Finally, the front car opened up, and Will and I climbed aboard. It was worth the wait--the first drop is over 200 feet at a steep 65-degree angle, after which we were traveling over 70 mph. The ride is smooth and relatively gentle, with a lap harness that kept me from sliding around and adding to the bruises already dotting my thighs.

2 comments:

JB said...

This is the Great America coaster I have yet to conquor, dude. That lap harness (I call it a plastic jockstrap) has always given me pause.

Adoresixtyfour said...

There's a test seat outside the ride to the left of the entrance. Give it a try. I was perfectly comfortable in it, as was Will.