Friday, August 6, 2010

Great America: Ragin' Cajun

One ride I didn't at Great America that I didn't particularly enjoy was the Ragin' Cajun. It's a small metal coaster with abrupt twists, turns and drops. That's all fine. Bruises heal. What wasn't fine, though, was that the cars, cute and colorful as they are, spin around for a good portion of the ride. That left me mildly disoriented and in need of a moment or three before I could move on to the next ride.

That's not really a knock on the Cajun, though. If you and spinny rides get along, go for it. Spinny rides and I clearly don't get along very well anymore.

1 comment:

JB said...

From what I've read, many people, even some true coaster enthusiasts, have a problem with the spinning coasters. The detractors seem to fall into one of two categories: There are those folks who say that the spinning makes them sick/disoriented/dizzy and those who complain that the spinning totally diffuses the beauty and joy of coaster riding. I will be sure to try this puppy next weekend and give you my op.