Monday, August 10, 2009

Monday Miscellania 8/10/09

And now, debuting a new regular feature on Adoresixtyfour: Random thoughts and messages pretending to be a proper blog entry. Enjoy!

Travel Reading: Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. This sounded like a lot of fun as a concept, but isn't proving to be so in execution. Once you get the joke--it's Jane Austen's novel, now with 100% more decapitations and gut-munching!--it gets pretty old pretty fast. Still, at least I'll be able to say that I've read Pride and Prejudice, now won't I?

Last Movie I Saw: 500 Days of Summer. I refuse to use the overly cute parentheses somebody threw around "500" in the title, but I embrace the movie itself. It's sweet. It's sad. It's pretty much what love is like (or, at least, what I remember love being like), down to the out-of-chronological-order narrative; when we think back on our relationships, we don't remember events/emotions in chronological order, so shuffling the story to match the way we remember even what we'd rather forget makes total sense and doesn't make the movie hard to follow at all. Also? Zooey Deschanel is cute as hell.

Watching: Ace of Cakes. I love this show. I love that these people get to be artistic all day long. I love that they like working with each other and seem to be having fun at work. I hope to work at such a place someday. For now? I'm just glad to have a job.

4 comments:

belsum said...

I heart Zooey so much and have for years. But she lost me with that appearance on Top Chef Masters. Holy high maintenance Batman.

superbadfriend said...

OH GAWDS! I missed that one.

belsum said...

It was last week's ep so it should be replayed before the new one tomorrow. Interesting challenge for professional chefs, that's for sure.

Adoresixtyfour said...

I watched that ep last night. Zooey comes off as smart and funny and knowledgeable about food, but goodness, the dietary restrictions. I'd never be able to make dinner for her: "Hi, Zooey...um, here's a carrot."