Thursday, April 30, 2009

Give What You Can

Regular reader Belsum is walking for a very worthy cause this Sunday...why don't I just let her explain in her own words (ganked from her bloggity)?

When my mom was first diagnosed with MS in 1986 no one knew what it was. Very few people had even heard of it, much less knew what it stood for. At age 11, I quickly developed a short speech to explain it to my friends. Since then we've come a long way. It seems like everyone knows of someone with MS - when it used to be somewhat kept under wraps. Celebrities with MS have come out and advocated for understanding and continued research. You can help. I'm a notorious procrastinator and once again, the walk is this coming Sunday! I apologize for the short notice but donations will be taken until May 29th. I appreciate any help you feel willing to give.

If you'd like to donate for Belsum's MS walk, stop by here and give what you can.

2 comments:

belsum said...

Thanks for posting this - and for donating!!!

Adoresixtyfour said...

Wish I were in a position to give more, Bel--especially to such a worthy cause, and one so personal for you & Superbadfriend.