Monday, February 23, 2009

Oscar Hangover 2009

Most of my predictions proved to be accurate last night, the main one being that I would miss most of the festivities because I had dinner at Mom's house. I returned to La Casa del Terror in time to see the Best Supporting Actor award go to the late Heath Ledger (which his family accepted). I also got to see Jerry Lewis accept the Jean Hersholt Humanitarian award (Jerry sounded very winded) and Will Smith present some of the technical awards (I tuned out and tuned back about 15 minutes later and he was...still...going...).

The only major award prediction I blew was Best Actor--I predicted Frank Langella, but Sean Penn won instead. Oh well. Perfection will have to wait another year.

Now please excuse me--I've got an epic earache and it feels like I'm typing under water--kind of like being hung over without the "pleasure" of having been drunk first.

No comments: