Friday, December 19, 2008

Friday is Bring Your...JESUS CHRIST!

Actually, Christ is one of the few few figures not represented in today's display in some manner. Once again, it began simply--just The Spirit (Will Eisner's original version, not the Sin City-ized version Frank Miller will be projectile-vomiting into multiplexes Christmas Day) and Howard the Duck hanging out on the upper branches of the Christmas tree.

Then, as was the case Wednesday, thing started happening. Strange things. Like a wolf showing up. And a candy cane. And a lizard. Before I knew it, a whole crowd had gathered atop my cabinet, including some who'd already been there (like Kung Fu Panda, Batgirl, Deathstroke and Hero Bear) with new attendees, like Godzilla, Mothra, Bone, Homer Simpson and Superman (hiding in a phone booth in the back). Oh...and a monkey with a keyboard.

I'm not sure how these things happen. I'm glad they do, though. They make the workplace so much more interesting. And prove, once and for all, that I work with a whole lotta geeks.

1 comment:

JB said...

My favorite from this group? Yeti. Sometimes I like chubby and hairy. If one can't have a Bear, a Yeti will do!