Monday, December 29, 2008

2008: The Year in Photos (sort of)

Last Christmas, Mom bought me a digital camera.

This was not what I had asked for. I likely wanted something boring and practical. Sheet sets. Throws. Something like that. And, of course, she bought something else. (This year? I asked for a new electric razor, and she bought one. Wonders? Will never cease.)

Even though I hadn't asked for it, I used the little digital camera regularly. I did not, however, download any photos from it. The software that came with it wasn't compatible with my now-ancient iMac, Polly Jean (she didn't even recognize it as software), and I'd need a system administrator to authorize the installation of the software on my work 'puter (and it's not related to my job, so...SOL). That meant that I had a helluva lot of pictures stored on the camera--216, to be exact--when I finally took it to the Ritz Camera near work and got a CD burned the day after Christmas.

So here, without further comment, are some of the photos from the year that was, such as it was.

4 comments:

belsum said...

Awesome.

turtle tracks said...

Analog cameras are compatible with everything. Am I right, or am I right?

Still, digitals do come in handy from time to time. Love that last shot. And the kitties.

JB said...

Color photography by Ed! Cool. My favorites? The chillin ghost and the wasted pumpkin. Are those for sale? I'd love to include them in my Halloween set-up this year.

Adoresixtyfour said...

Hadn't thought about selling any of these shots. Then again? We can talk.