Thursday, September 4, 2008

A Bird, a Coin and a Cat

That's what I found in the lefthand pocket of my brown bomber jacket this morning.

I hadn't worn the jacket in months--and wouldn't have worn it today if the temperatures hadn't dropped 25 degrees from where they were Tuesday and if a steady rain weren't falling (thanks, Hurricane Gustav)--so I have no idea where they came from, exactly. I'm sure I picked them us somewhere on a walk to or from the train or shopping, probably thrown out by someone who was moving or who thought their child had outgrown the trinkets.

Whatever the case, the bird (actually a tiny bobblehead), the coin (plastic plated in gold-colored chrome and featuring a crown on one side and a court jester's face on the other) and the cat (a long-haired Persian) were in that pocket when I instinctively shoved my hand into it this morning and left my pocket only long enough for me to snap the shot you see above.

What will I do with them? Where will they go? Whatever happen to them--or me--next has to be better than what would have happen to them had I left them where they were.

No comments: