Friday, September 5, 2008

All You Need Is Braaaaaains!

A coworker who also regularly participates in Bring Your Action Figure to Work Day recently sent me a link to a website featuring a toy he thought I'd enjoy. He was right, of course--we've worked together for a couple of years, and he knows me well--but the website in question was out of stock of this particular toys, so I joined their mailing list so they could let me know when they had replenished their supply.

A few days later, I was in Chicago Comics, which happens to not only be a fine comic book shop, but a dandy toy store as well. And what did they have, in stock and ready for me to take home? That's right--the toy in question.

Three words, people: Remote. Control. Zombie.

The next day, I received an email from the website, letting me know the RC Zombie was back in stock and ready for purchase. Timing, as they say, is everything.

Today, the Zombie is on my desk, along with his remote control--shaped like a brain, of course. (It is, however, a misconception that zombies crave only brains, born from the overwhelming popularity of the mid-80s undead epic, Return of the Living Dead; zombies will pretty much eat any part of your body they can sink their decaying teeth into.)

He is also joined by Wolverine, Sabertooth (and his kid, Wild Child, who is kept on a chain and has a disturbingly Mini Me vibe to him), the zombie punching bag and a very Yellow Submarine-ish Sir Paul McCartney with his "friend," the Love Glove.

The RC Zombie will not go hungry this day.

3 comments:

belsum said...

We used to have the entire Yellow Submarine action figure set. Then the mister left it in the practice space and someone in one of the other bands absconded with it. Which wouldn't be so bad except for the fact that now the Captain is obsessed with that movie.

JB said...

Will you introduce me to this dude at HMB, along with Captain Action?

Adoresixtyfour said...

Belsum, that's so wrong. Who would stoop so low as to steal action figures?

JB, I'll certainly introduce you to them both at HMB (assuming that the zombie has not eaten Captain Action by then).