Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Shocktober 10/2/19


I searched long and hard to find this fellow, but find him I did--at the Target in the old Carson Pirie Scott building at State and Madison after of day of wandering the book fair in the South Loop. (Or was it Dearborn Park? I can't keep Chicago neighborhood names straight anymore.)

Anyway...I'd been looking far and wide for the new generation of Mego action figures, and had been modestly successful at finding the 14-inch DC superhero dolls--Superman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, Batman. But the smaller, 8-inch horror figures? Not so much.

But on a sunny Saturday morning, I found Bela.

I haven't let him loose from his package yet--waiting until I have a home of my own, where he can be properly displayed. (Right now? Mom's cats would have him on the floor and torn up five minutes after I walked out the door.) But now that I'm working again, I hope that day will come relatively soon.

1 comment:

JB said...

He is gorgeous! It is so great to know you're rebuilding your action figure collection!