Monday, May 7, 2012

This Week's Travel Reading

Everyone who knows me knows how much I enjoy horror films, especially the classics from the '30s and '40s (and the not-so-classics from those decades as well). JB knows this all to well; he is the only other person besides myself to attend every single HMB (and even hosted the event a few times). So when he picked birthday presents for me from my Amazon Wishlist, he chose carefully--and, as it happens, well.

Within the elegantly wrapped package pictured above were two presents: The box set of third season of Rod Serling's Night Gallery and the book pictured below. I am lucky enough to live in a city with a popular horror host--Svengoolie, who started out in 1979 and is now in his 17th(!) consecutive year on WCIU and now ME-TV (meaning he's now seen all over the country). This book covers him and dozens of others from all over America, from the famous (Vampira, Ghoulardi, Zacherly) to the obscure. So far, it's a very fun read--and very much the kind of book for me.

Throw in my two best fiends...er, friends, JB and Dee, a fine meat loaf dinner (pictured below), several Bloody Marys and a lovely ginger waitress with the appropriate name of Colleen, and my day-later birthday celebration was quite a blast indeed!

No comments: