Monday, April 26, 2010

Superbadfriend's Art Show

There was quite a wonderful turnout Friday night for Superbadfriend's art show reception Friday night. I got a chance to meet people whose names I've heard for years without having faces to put to them and see some old friends for the first time in a while.

Oh, and there were many fab paintings, too.

I would post more photos, but my camera is a little iffy on close-up shots of art, so many of my pictures are crap. You can go to Superbadfriend's bloggity to see more shots of her work as well as the amazingly intricate pen-and-ink work of British artist Christopher Guest, who joined the party via Skype.

And this? Is the dark chocolate brownie I had there. The plate originally had two forks--when I ordered it, Superbadfriend's husband was ordering food as well, and the server put two forks on the plate in the assumption that we were a couple. (That happens a lot when I'm hanging with friends, whether said friends are female or male.) Don't know what happened to the other fork, though. Maybe it found its way to the plate of an actual couple?

5 comments:

superbadfriend said...

HAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, HILARIOUS! So you and Scooter are now a couple? I am dyin' over here with laughter.

Thanks so much for always being so supportive of everything I do. It means the world to me.

See you for Doctor Whoooooo night! We need to pick a date.

MissTrixi said...

One of the birds took the fork to plan their escape!

So sad we missed the show, but it looks like it was amazing (art, chocolate cake and all).

xo

JB said...

A pesky cold kept me from the reception, but because I work just four blocks west of Swim Cafe, it will be easy for me to stop in and enjoy the beauty. Congratulations, Superbadfriend!

Dude, that brownie looks so good. If you had a benjamin for every time a server has thought you and I were a couple, you'd have funds enough to open your own gallery.

Adoresixtyfour said...

If you throw Benjamins in for all the times I've been mistaken for the SO of other friends as well, I'd be able to retire now.

belsum said...

Mmm, dark chocolate brownie...