Thursday, April 15, 2010

Every Picture Tells a Story: 4/15/10

Friends and acquaintances usually laugh at me and insist I'm kidding when I tell them about Dimitri, the vodka that comes in a plastic bottle.

That's understandable. After all, what kind of hard liquor comes in a plastic bottle? Couldn't be a so-smooth-you-could-drink-it-straight vodka like Chopin or Grey Goose, or a decent "mixing" vodka like Absolut or Ketel One.

What kind of vodka could be so cheap? This kind. Usually, when I find empty (always empty) bottles of Dimitri, they're lying along curbs, often crumpled before being discarded--do those desperate enough to consume this stuff crush them like beer cans? This particular bottle was found on a lawn outside a bar--somebody getting an early start, or having a nightcap after stumbling out into the chilly April air?--and was not compacted as usual.

You might ask: Have I ever tasted Dimitri? Yes, I have. Once. Just once.

And what did I think? Let me put it like this: I wouldn't use Dimitri for thinner; I have more respect for my paint brushes than that.

No comments: