Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Hello, It's me.

Or, rather, another photograph of me.

I've run across a couple of other shots of me that don't completely piss me off or make me cinge uncontrollably. (This is what happens when you realize your apartment is a disorganized mess, start going through drawers and storage containers to figure out what the hell you have, and find things you'd forgotten you even owned.)

Unfortunately, Blogger seems to hate one of them, a picture taken about 10 years, 5 jobs and 50 lbs. ago--it either rejects it as corrupt or sits there and does nothing, that little colorful wheel spinning and spinning infinitely.

However, Blogger did allow me to upload a slightly more recent shot, taken a few years ago in the backyard of my friends, Charlie & Teri, before we ventured out to Marquette Park for an afternoon of photography. (Charlie is the one behind the camera, snapping away with my Canon AE1.)

This is actually the second of two pictures Charlie took of me that day. The first, which I actually like much better than this one, I gave away to a friend (who was moving to another state) as part of a photo album chronicling her time spent in Chicago. I've only seen that friend once since then and never saw the photo again. (The photo I didn't miss.)

2 comments:

JB said...

That's a very handsome shot of you, bro. You shine in b&w photos, don't you?

What kind of friend moves out of state and then consistently fails to keep in touch? If such behavior is puposeful and without explanation, that friend is little more than a shite. (Okay, picture JB taking a few emotional steps back...)

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, there is my friend! I love this pic of you. YOu are very photogenic!