Friday, June 27, 2008

No Matter What Kind of Week It's Been...

...There's always Bring Your Action Figure to Work Day.

Sadly, no one recognized the toy I brought in, the large gold figure in the middle. "Is that the evil version of R2D2?" one co-worker asked.

You'd think that someone else in an office full of pop culture geeks would know a Dalek when they see one--and you would be wrong. Many more people spotted the armored figure to the right as a Power Ranger...whose drillhead spins...when you press the button just above...his crotch.

Best comment of the day, though, from a passing co-worker: "Is that the new Justice League?"

What a fine world it would be if that were the case, sir.

8 comments:

JB said...

I don't care what anyone says or thinks of it, every dude needs to own at least one action figure to achieve moments of true happiness in this life.

And good sex.

Adoresixtyfour said...

"And good sex."

I'll have to take your word on that one, bro.

belsum said...

What's scarier?

EXTERMINATE

or

BAD WOLF

Adoresixtyfour said...

"Bad Wolf" is a cryptic warning that, when its true meaning is revealed, is significant. "Exterminate," however, usually means there's at least one Dalek hovering in front of you with its gun arn pointed at your head. So..."Exterminate!"

Chris Hill said...

I have the tardis as my hard drive icon on my desktop at work, because it's bigger on the inside. The icon for my daily paperwork is a Dalek, because it is evil. It's comforting to me to have them there.

Adoresixtyfour said...

Does your Dalek exterminate your co-workers?

superbadfriend said...

I wish my Dalek would exterminate a certain co worker. heee. I kid.

Love your figurines and I am so angry they are causing a distraction amongst your coworkers.

GAH.

Oscar the Grouch's can is like the Tardis.

Thanks, BTW for that amazing link.

Why didn't I think of WIKI? YOu are awesome.

Adoresixtyfour said...

Guess I jinxed myself by saying "always"...