Monday, June 30, 2008

Lick the Frog

I don't have very many photos of myself. This is by design--I don't like the way I look on film, so I don't allow people to take my picture very often.

There are only a couple of photos of myself that I can actually tolerate without wincing too much. One was taken by my friend Charlie in his backyard a few years ago. I don't have a print of that shot, though--I gave it away to a friend who was moving out of town.

The other one? Is at the top of this page.

I don't like it because it's a great picture of me. (There's no such thing.) I like the sheer absurdity of it, though--me leaning over, tongue extended (and for those who are wondering...yes, that really is my tongue) to lick a piece of particularly froggy public art in Fort Worth, TX.

It's only the second shot of myself I've ever posted on this blog, and I don't think the first shot made it over from the old site. (Funny how that got "lost" in the move, isn't it?) And this photo doesn't exactly look like me. Maybe that's really why I lick...er, like it.

5 comments:

JB said...

Y'know, I'm glad you wrote that the photo "doesn't exactly look like" you because I wasn't sure that was you when I first looked at it. Although my girl GRC has told about the length of your tongue -- and the virtues of it -- I still wasn't sure.

Now that I've retrieved my brain from the hot, steamy gutter, let me be the first to blog what a cool-ass photo that is. Can you tell us who snapped it?

Adoresixtyfour said...

Either Praxx or Junebig took the picture--I can't remember which.

turtle tracks said...

So that's what you look like!

Adoresixtyfour said...

Sort of.

superbadfriend said...

Turtle Tracks: His hair is longer. He normally stands upright. And he doesn't go around licking public sculptures. ;-)

Who knew you were really Gene Simmons?