Friday, May 30, 2008

"A Perfect Comic"

That's what Tim Conway said in a brief audio clip on the CBS World News Roundup to describe Harvey Korman, who died yesterday from complications from an abdominal aortic aneurysm at the age of 81.

Korman will be remembered for many things, including his long run on "The Carol Burnett Show" (during which he won four Emmys and a Golden Globe) and his role as Hedy Lamarr ("That's Hedley!") in Blazing Saddles, and many, many other parts over his decades-long career.

But what was first came to my mind when I heard that he had passed away? His not one, not two but three roles in The Star Wars Holiday Special.

Yes, I am a sick man.

Rest in peace, Mr. Korman.

3 comments:

turtle tracks said...

Sad! Very, very, very sad.

superbadfriend said...

i had a huge crush on him when I was little.

JB said...

I have so many great childhood memories of watching Harvey Korman on "The Carol Burnett Show". He was hilarious. I especially loved it when he couldn't keep a straight face during skits with Tim Conway. Simply the best.