Monday, April 28, 2008

Spring in Chicago

If you've lived in this city for any decent length of time, the first line of today's weather forecast should not surprise you:

"Chance of thunderstorms and snow showers."

At least the next line--"No snow accumulation"--is somewhat reassuring, as are the little blue flowers pushing their way through the greening lawns along my route to the train station this morning.

It's almost here for real. Good things come to those who wait. Patience is genius.

(Can you tell I'm really straining to believe this?)

3 comments:

JB said...

You know that once Chicago has had two weeks of consistently pleasant weather (sunny, temps in the low-to-mid 70s)spring will be overtaken by summer--whether it's June 21 or not--and the city will be hot, humid, and smarmy. That's my kind of weather, but you hate the heat and humidity, so you may want to slow your row when wishing for spring, dude.

belsum said...

I'm hoping the recent snow showers don't affect the wildflower seeds I just sprinkled in one of my garden beds. *sigh*

Adoresixtyfour said...

You sprinkled your seeds already? You are brave and optimistic!