Tuesday, October 16, 2001

So. Here We Are. Now What?

I debated back and forth as to whether or not I should write a lengthy explanation of why I decided to do my own Web site. You know...how I needed an outlet for my creative writing (such as it is--the writing, not the outlet) and how friends kept asking me, "So, when are you gonna do your own Web site?" And so on. And so forth.

"Do you really need to tell them that?" I thought. "They'll figure out that you're an egomaniac soon enough. You're way overthinking this. And you're referring to yourself in the second person, which is really creepy. So stop it. Now." And so I did.

Essentially, this bloggity is just a place for me to have a bit of fun. I'll post my photos and poems. I'll provide links to sites I like to visit.

And I'll express an opinion or two. Or three. Or...you get the idea. I'll try to update this page regularly--once a week or so should do. And I'll let you know when other pages on the site have been updated. From there, it'll be up to you to decide whether or not a return visit to this Web site is worth the trip.

So take a tour of Adoresixtyfour. See the sights. Smell the smells. Taste the tastes. And come back again some time.

(PARTICULAR THANKS: To JB in Chicago and Junebug in Dallas for their encouragement and support.)

No comments: