Monday, April 8, 2013

This Year's Amazon Birthday Wishlist

With my birthday now less than one month away, I'm going through the annual ritual of cutting myself off from my Amazon wishlist.

This is more difficult than you'd imagine. I don't buy from Amazon constantly--I do support "brick & mortar" stores whenever possible, especially those in my city and, specifically, my neighborhood. However, some items are only available (or are most readily available) through Amazon, and many books and movies can be found at a (sometimes steep) discount through Amazon Marketplace.

But the lockdown is now in session. I won't buy anything on this list from now until the end of May. Somehow, I will survive.

If you can't afford to buy anything, believe me, I understand--I've been flat broke much of this year and will likely not buy myself anything this year.

Hugs and kisses blown from afar work just as well for me--even better, maybe.

2 comments:

JB said...

Good to know your AWL is now a safe environment for we givers of your birthday gifts!

Now, let me see...

Dee Williams said...

Thank God for wish lists!