Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Where I'd Like to Be Tonight (But Can't Be)

Concert tickets are expensive these days--so much so that when I found that both the Beach Boys and Fiona Apple would be playing the magnificent Chicago Theatre in the near future, I knew I could attend one show or the other, but not both.

Since the Boys are all one side or the other of 70 and will likely never tour again (at least in its current "all living original members" configuration), I chose them. I would still dearly love to see Fiona Apple someday, preferably in a smaller venue where I could actually, y'know, see her. Unfortunately, given the increasing space between her albums (her previous effort, Extraordinary Machine came out seven years ago), it'll probably be at least a decade before I get the chance again.

1 comment:

Dee Williams said...

I can appreciate the difficulty of your decision. These both seem like once-in-a-lifetime opportunities. Ride the wave as you "go surfin', surfin' USA"!