Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Every Picture Tells a Story: 11/8/11

It's just a week past Halloween, but already the city is erecting the municipal pine tree in Daley Center Plaza, along with the faux-German village that will surround it and sell ornaments, snacks and warm alcoholic beverages in collectable boot-shaped cups.

It's way too early for this--I'm not even ready to start thinking about Thanksgiving--but considering that some retailers actually had their metallic holiday displays up before Halloween (yes, Lane Bryant, I'm looking at you) and most other retailers had all their Jack O'Lanterns and skeletons back in the stockroom before the trick-or-treaters had finished their rounds, I should just accept the things I cannot change and quit my bitching.

1 comment:

JB said...

I'll continue the bitching in your absence.