Thursday, May 26, 2011

Fog City

Sometimes, days come full circle. On my way in to work yesterday morning, thick fog cloaked the city (especially along the lake shore) immediately prior to heavy thunderstorms clearing the air and flooding the ground. On the way home from work, the same phenomenon occurred: plumes of fog snaked through the Loop and enveloped the office buildings and condo towers just ahead of another storm front crashing through.

I love my city in fog. It makes her look different, yet familiar--at once futuristic and ancient. And it makes me a tourist in my hometown, staring up as far as I can and snapping shots till the batteries in the Kodak run dry.

2 comments:

JB said...

These photos are incredible! I love every one of them, but the last one really sends me.

Adoresixtyfour said...

If only the batteries hadn't died on me (seriously, they kicked the bucket right after that last photo), I'd have taken more. (Note to self--carry spare batteries.)