Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Great America: The Viper

As much as I love the American Eagle--and believe me, I do--I have to say my favorite ride at Great America was the park's other large wooden roller coaster, the Viper. Their website describes it as "a classic cyclone-style wooden roller coaster," and I couldn't agree more. I've never been to Coney Island, but I imagine that this what it much be like to ride the Cyclone there--a bumpy, lift-your-ass-out-of-your-seat ride that throws you around and makes you scream either with pleasure or terror--or, perhaps, both. The line was reasonable, and we probably could have gone again, but it was late in the day and Will and I were both tired, so we left not long after. I have a Viper t-shirt now, and I'll wear it proudly when I go back to Great America (in the next couple of months, I hope).

2 comments:

JB said...

That badboy looks awesome!

Adoresixtyfour said...

Oh, it is, my brother, it is.