Monday, August 9, 2010

Great America: The American Eagle

The American Eagle was long my favorite coaster not only at Great America, but in the whole wide world. (Not that I've been on any coasters anywhere else in the world...my world is smaller than most.) It's an old-fashioned dual-track wooden coaster, and it's enormous--the first drop is over 90 feet, and there's a long spiral in the middle of the ride that seems to go on forever. The wait for the Eagle can be extreme-sometimes a couple of hours, or more--but Will and I lucked out and hit the ride right after it opened for the day. We never got back around to it for a second go, but as long as we'd got one ride in, I was content.

1 comment:

JB said...

The American Eagle is, truly, a great coaster. Loud, long, intense, and terrific fun, it has balls, baby. That first drop? Coaster Nirvana.