Thursday, September 3, 2009

Miscellaneous Miscellania

Last Movie I Saw: None, actually. Time has been tight, money tighter. Hope to catch up the next couple of months with a whole bunch of movies I want to see, like Whiteout, Extract, Whip It and Zombieland.

Travel Reading: The Great Escape by Paul Brickhill. You think the classic movie is hard to believe? The story was actually toned down from what really happened when 76 POWs escaped from a German prison camp during World War II. Just shows how creative and energetic one can be when starving and desperate.

Halloween Harbingers: Last night, I stopped by one of my many neighborhood Walgreens to pick up a gallon of milk and saw the worker bees in the seasonal aisle busily packing away the back to school items and loading the shelves with Halloween merchandise. Away go the Hannah Montana spiral-bound notebooks. Out come the light-up pumpkins and scented candles. In past years, I've lamented this--it's not even Labor Day yet, for cryin' out loud--but this time I'm embracing it. I'm ready. Bring on the skeletons and bats, the witches and rats (sorry JB). Throw open the doors of La Casa del Terror and let the Halloween Movie Bash (actually on Halloween this year!) be festive.

And Last, But Far from Least...A very Happy Birthday to Superbadfriend! Hope you're out doing fun, celebratory stuff instead of staying in and reading this, even though you're one of the relatively few who does!

1 comment:

superbadfriend said...

Awwwww Thanks dear! I rather enjoy your bloggity and have for a long time. xoxo

I'd rather stay home anyway. Because staying home is awesome. :)