Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Kiddieland, Part 2

As Tina, Pete and stood in line just before Kiddieland opened (the line extended well behind us, snaking through the parking lot--glad we got there early), we saw a sign in the ticket booth window informing patrons that two of the park's attractions, the Polyp and Volcano Balls, were closed. Those aren't rides, I thought, Those are medical conditions. Once we were inside the park, though, we got a good look at the Poly and found it was a fish-themed ride. (I've seen versions of this called the Octopus.) The booth is charming, and the fishy faces on the cars are fun. Shame we didn't get to ride it.

Never found out what "Volcano Balls" was all about, though. Maybe I'm better off not knowing.

2 comments:

superbadfriend said...

Volcano Balls is what you get when trying to squeeze your adult-sized asses into that Octopus.

JB said...

Superbad, I don't think I want to know what it's called when women squeeze into the Octopus!