Friday, July 17, 2009

Miscellania

I was off work yesterday with a migraine. Today? My head still hurts, but if yesterday was a 10, today is a 3. Could be worse. Could be raining...oh, wait...it'll be doing that later. Damn.

And now? A few random thoughts:

1. Dear Internets: Please stop showing me photos of gross, crooked teeth. Whatever the advertised product it--dental services, teeth whiteners, whatever--the nasty-looking photos are keeping me away. You're wasting my time and your effort and cash. So stop it. Please. Thank you.

2. While I have your ear, Internets...please stop showing me video of Michael Jackson's head on fire. The man is dead well before his time. Trying to figure out why he was (allegedly) addicted to prescription pain killers would have been a lot more useful when he was alive.

3. I like the cooler weather of fall and spring, but find it disconcerting in July. the average high for tomorrow in Chicago is 84; the projected high temperature doesn't break 70. That would be great if this were May or October. But in July? This worries me.

4. I really don't have a fourth thing to say. Maybe I could come up with one if my head didn't still hurt. But it does. Ow.

2 comments:

MissTrixi said...

Nice bloggedy.
The weather is far too chill here too. Don't make me regret my move back Minne!
As for the Tara nods....there was an entire TEAM of writers that deserved some kudo's. At least one of them got a nod for dreaming up the idea behind the title sequence :-)
Now, go get a hot or cold compress and sit in a dark room. Migraines are teh suck! Feel better laddie.
XO
Trix

Adoresixtyfour said...

I don't want to make you regret your move back to the Twin Cities, Ms. T, but last winter was cold & snowy in Chicago--I can only imagine it was worse farther north.

Also? I stand corrected--the roomful of writers should have gotten some love from the Academy. At least Toni Colette was recognized for giving not just one outstanding character performance, but several. And she couldn't do that as effectively without some damn good writing, now could she?