Friday, January 16, 2009

Friday is Bring Your Action Figure from a Crappy Michael Bay Film to Work Day

Yes, I know--calling a Michael Bay film "crappy" is redundant (kind of like saying "weird David Lynch movie" or "unfunny Adam Sandler movie").

However, until someone whips up a Sean Connery figure from The Rock, a Kate Beckinsale doll from Pearl Harbor or a Megan Fox anything from either Transformers movie, we'll just have to make due with this Bruce Willis toy from Armageddon, manufactured by Hot Wheels in a brief (and ultimately unsuccessful) foray into the action figure market.

(They also made a Ben Affleck figure from the same movie, but even if I had one, I'm not sure Bruce's big cannon and Ben's ginormous chin could fit atop my workspace anyway.)

5 comments:

JB said...

I didn't know there was a Bruce-in-"Armageddon" action figure! I'll take me some Bruce any way I can get him.

Anonymous said...

lol. I had to laugh at this one. Where do find these toys??

Adoresixtyfour said...

I'm just really good at finding toys in obscure places. KB Toys used to be a great place to find toys nobody cared about, but now they're going out of business. Sadface.

Anonymous said...

aww...that is sad. Jessie and I used to have the old Star Wars figures and then I had the Six Million Dollar man- you know the one where you look through his eye and roll up the 'skin'on his arm. Weird. Then I slowly got hooked on Barbie. Go figure :)

Adoresixtyfour said...

I have that Six Million Dollar Man doll--he was in for one of the holiday displays. Very cool that you had him, too!