Monday, January 12, 2009

AAAAA! We're All Gonna Dieeeee!

Remember that part where I was going to Mom's for dinner tonight?

To quote Willy Wonka: "Strike that. Reverse it. Thank you."

Mom just called and asked me to "go home and be safe."

Is that just Mom being Mom? Not really. The National Weather Service has issued the following statement:

A blizzard warning is in effect from late tonight through noon Tuesday.

Given how well CTA runs when the streets are clear and how well the city has cleared the streets thus far this winter, who knows when I'd get to her house with wind-driven snow clogging the main drags?

Mom isn't being overly cautious. They'd find me in a snowdrift at a bus stop--sometime around the spring thaw.

1 comment:

JB said...

Yep, best you go on home tonight, bro. I will not have you lost and frozen in a snowdrift until the spring thaw! I just won't have it, I tell you!