Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Welcome to...SHOCKTOBER!

This is my month.

You are, of course, invited to share it with me. You know I'm not greedy like that. There's more than enough Shocktober to go around.

There will be the usual updates during Shocktober--about my state of mind and heart, about Ms. Christopher's health, about sports (how could I not have at least some small comment about the fact that both the Cubs and the White Sox are playing in the postseason in the same year for the first time since they faced each other in the World Series in 1906?), about the weather, about...you know, the usual babble.

But I'll also be writing more than usual about horror movies, dancing skeletons, glowing pumpkins--all the things that make this month so much fun.

Shocktober got off to a rousing start this a.m. at La Casa del Terror, where the recouperating Ms. Chris, after nibbling at some Friskies and having a deep drink from the same water dish she's sipped from for the past 15 years, suddenly jumped off of what's left of the couch, ran across the livingroom and caught, killed and ate (not sure it was exactly in that order) an insect (don't ask me what kind--she ate it too quickly) on the floor before the TV--her tribute to Renfield, perhaps?

Whatever the case, I took it as a good omen for Shocktober. May the rest of the month be so lively.

2 comments:

JB said...

Well, I'm happy to know that between your insane job and your new part-time gig as student veterinarian you still have time to appreciate this very special month.

You and I are true Octoberheads. As you know, I resist the end of Summer every year, without fail, until I feel October's crisp breeze on my neck, smell the scent of the turning leaves (they are slow to color this year), and anticipate HMB and Halloween with childish excitement. So, bring on those Shocktober posts, bro. The little trick-or-treater in me is knocking at your door.

turtle tracks said...

Way to go, Ms. Chris! Back when he was feeling better, Curly Joe chased bugs. I've never seen a dog chase bugs before. It was so cute my head almost fell off.

Every year, the doctor who did acupuncture on Lady and Meathead does 31 Days Of October. She and her husband watch a horror movie every night. How awesome is that? Last year, we spent an entire session sitting on the floor talking about how kick ass The Blair Witch Project is. I want her to be my new BFF.