Thursday, July 31, 2008

M.I.A.

Sorry I've been absent from the bloggity this week. Work has been, politely put, "busy," so most of my evenings have been spent decompressing. That, and my home phone line is out of service at the moment (yes, I paid my bill), so I have no connection to the Internets other than work, where I'm too busy and/or stressed out to update.

For those who wonder: there have been no further incursions into La Casa del Terror. Olivia still patrols the apartment, often lingering where the rat had been (Tuesday night she sat on the edge of the bathtub, staring into the darkness, and it kind of freaked me out), but no new visitors have appeared.

This could have something to do with the fact that I've shored up the defenses at La Casa--Saturday, after catching The Dark Knight at the Davis (it would be a brilliant, complex movie even if it weren't about a guy who dresses up like a flying rodent and spends his evenings punching criminals in the face), I went to Home Depot and bought some Good Stuff (foam joint filler that you spray into gaps in the wall and it expands to fill).

Will this stop any rats or mice that seriously want to get into my apartment? No. Rodents can tunnel through concrete; foam, no matter how firm, will only slow them down. However, they'd have to make a hell of a lot of noise to get into my place now, and the foam at the very least keeps them from walking in whenever they want.

I may not have much time to post here in the next week--one of my co-workers will be on vacation, and I'll need to cover his work as well as get my own done. That'll be...fun.

4 comments:

belsum said...

Does that mean you'll also have to bring in an extra action figure to cover for your co-worker's absence?

Adoresixtyfour said...

I may need an action figure every day next week.

Adoresixtyfour said...

I might just take you up on that, bro.

superbadfriend said...

Mee too! mee too!