Monday, May 19, 2008

In Through the Out Door

Today, I closed down Adoresixtyfour.com for the last time.

No, I hadn't finished migrating all of my old files from there to here--there are still essays, photos and movie reviews missing, and they'll stay missing for a while (or at least until I devote a lazy summer afternoon to uploading files from home).

The time had finally come to say goodbye. I wasn't using the old site anymore, and I was still being charged for it. More than anything else, though, it was time to let go of that part of me that started that site back in October 2001 at the urging of JB, Junebug and Red Secretary, among others, and most of those initial readers have stayed with me the whole time. For your love and support all these years, I remain grateful.

So this is now the only place where you can read my rambling diatribes and see my pictures of what is or was Chicago. It's a good thing, really--since I started this new version of the old blog, I've updated around twice a week (as opposed to the old site, where I'd update twice a month, if that).

One door closes. Another opens. This one will likely be open for quite some time. C'mon in and say "Hi."

3 comments:

belsum said...

Hi.

JB said...

October, 2001. Yep. Yep. And wow. Adoresixtyfour.com saw you through some great times (some sweet HMBs, new gig, new crib) and a major hot mess or two (better left unspecified). I'm glad that it was there for you to write about those events so eloquently. I'm proud to be one of the dudes who encouraged you to begin it.

I like this new forum quite a bit, as I've told you. You've been posting some great essays here. I think that you've grown as a writer since moving to this space. You seem...freer, somehow.

Goodbye, Adoresixtyfour.com. Yu rocked while you rolled.

superbadfriend said...

Bye Adoresixtyfour.com. Between you and Red Secretary, I was kept well-entertained. Glad you are moving forward.

Looking forward to seeing you Friday night.

xx